Discover the center of Aix en Provence and all the services that I propose to you during your stay in immersion. Let's take a coffee together and let's go explore the provence, speaking french and meeting all my friends !
Your stay :
In a Hotel particulier in the middle of the city next to the justice hall. My appartment is on the second floor, very bright with high ceilings, a great example of the 18th century.
Your large room is a suite with a double bed, a desk, your private bathroom and toilets
Monday to Friday :3 hours of teaching one on one in the mornings from 9am to 12 noon. We will use books, music, internet, television, and plenty of discussion.
Two activities per week in the afternoon to choose from: visit commented of the city, Cezanne’s studio, Silvacan abbaye, Visit of Marseille, Climb the Sainte Victoire, Visit of the open air market, visit of the calanques by boat…. Depending of your centers of interests These activities will be adapted. We can also enjoy a nice cup of coffee at he cafe terrasses and speak of life and people, a great pass time in Provence!!
Arrival and departure
- Arrival : saturday at 4pm
- Departure Saturday at 11 am
How to arrive:
The best is to take the bus shuttle from either Marseille airport or Aix TGV station. It costs about 8 euros from Marseille and 5 euros from Aix TGV and you can pay directly in the shuttle with cash or credit card. The shutte will bring you directly to Aix gare routiere which is in the center of the city. From there you can take a taxi which will cost 5 to 10 euros to my appartment.
- Do I need a car? Probably not as we are in the middle of the city and we can walk everywhere. Also Aix-en- Provence is an ancient city and parking is limited.
- Is it a very big town? No, we can tour the city by walking
- Is there a lift in the building? No because the building was built in the 18 th century. It is recommended to avoid very big suitcases.
- What is the weather like in Aix? There are 4 seasons in Aix. In summer it is hot, around 27 to 30 degrees Celsius, around 80 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. In winter it could rain and the average temperature is around 4 to 10 degrees Celsius, or 35 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Spring is a lovely season, flowers are in bloom and the weather is really nice, around 20 to 25 degrees Celsius, or 65 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Autumn is very nice too, temperatures are similar to those in spring, but it can rain a little. We do not have snow usually in Aix, but it can happen one day or two in the middle of winter. For Opera aficionados, June is the high season for the lyric festival in Aix. Tickets need to be purchased in advance.
- What is the optimal length of stay? You can stay as long as you want but a stay of 2 weeks is usually very beneficial.